Wednesday, March 02, 2011

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS

Yesterday my wife commented that her one of her clients was a hen-pecked husband. The wife was a formidable, overly-demanding woman, and she added, "I am a rank amateur compared to Delores."

I said, "No way. That's impossible."

"Way," Peggy replied. "Frank is so hen-pecked he has to call Delores on her cell phone to get permission to pass gas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was conferencing with one of my students and told them they could raise their grade and pass the course if they chose to do so. She asked, "How do I do that?"

"Do everything I have told you. Complete all homework and do it all as carefully as possible. Pay attention in class. Ask questions."

There was a pause. "What if I don't want to do those things? Is there another way?"

No comments: